housewarmersinc Magazine

$10 – $15 / Week

What You Should Do If Your Loved One Got Injured In A Nursing Home Slip And Fall Accident

You committed your loved one’s health and well-being to a nursing facility, and then you received a phone call informing you that they had fallen and broken their bone. The fracture required surgery to correct. Your loved one had to go through a long and arduous recovery process. You understandably have concerns about how falls in care homes occur if your elderly relative suffers a fall while in long-term care; you want to know if you can do anything.

You should get medical help just before going further. Your loved one may have injuries that aren’t visible but could cause internal bleeding. When nursing home resident falls, they require immediate medical attention. It’s condemning to gather all potential observers’ names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses.

If you decide to take legal action, their statements may help prove your case. Don’t forget to photograph the exact point where you fell, as well as any stairwells, ice patches, or other points that contributed to your mishap. Make a list of what you were doing before the accident, how you fell, and any additional relevant information, such as the precise time and date. It might come in handy later as evidence.

After that, report the fall injury to the nursing home. When a long-term care facility has a high number of these instances, government agencies can look into it to protect residents from damage in the future. You should then consult with a nursing home abuse. An experienced attorney is the most significant person to have on your side while considering legal action. 

Most of the slip and fall claims are complicated to prove, and you’re better off enlisting the help of a reputable law firm who have the experience, understanding, and proven track record of getting you the money you deserve.

It would be best to refuse to make any statements, maintain your composure, and keep your interactions with the property owner to a minimum. Refuse to provide an insurance company a comment before you’ve consulted with an attorney. Don’t assign blame and don’t accept any. Many reputed Law Firms like Jonathan R. Brockman, P.C can help you if you or your loved one has faced this type of scenario.


Share this post:

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on pinterest
Related Posts
Subscribe now to keep up to date and receive daily notifications for new content posted on our frESH blog.

Subscribe To Our Weekly Newsletter

Get notified for our latest news
We’ll never spam your inbox